Connected Kingston Champion Training – 17th March
17th March 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Connected Kingston is a site dedicated to helping Kingston residents find local activities and navigate local services.
It is run by the Royal Borough of Kingston Council and Kingston Voluntary Action.
This special training is available to anyone who regularly comes into contact with people. The goal is to help residents of Kingston stay happy, healthy and connected to each other maintaining and building Kingston’s community so we can all live our best lives.
This free training will enable frontline staff in the public, private and charity sector to support and empower their service users, clients and/or patients.
This training will:
- give you an overview of social prescribing
- help you understand the social prescribing model in Kingston: Connected Kingston
- discuss the types of enquiry you may receive, and how to respond
- explore Connected Kingston as a signposting referral tool
- show you how you can escalate complex cases and provide feedback
- introduce Make Every Contact Count, a national initiative to support those who have contact with the public to talk about their health and well-being; and provide some helpful tools for having a strength-based approach to conversations.
This training is ideal for…..
- Anyone delivering services or supporting residents, staff and/ or students in the borough of Kingston-upon-Thames
- Staff in statutory services who are engaging with customers frequently e.g. housing support workers, library staff,
- Staff and volunteers from voluntary and community sector organisations who engage with community members e.g. advice services staff, family and children’s groups, crisis support services, older people support
- Staff delivering health services
Places are free, click here to reserve your place